Thursday, October 31, 2013

Shabby Chic Coffin - Happy Halloween **Flamingo Scraps**

 I love Halloween for the fun you can have with the dark and macabre, shakes things up a bit.  So with that in mind......

Happy Halloween everyone!!

 I made a little present coffin box and dressed it up with a little shabby chic-ness, why not dress up dark and sinister ;).  The coffin opens up and cackles at you, so I thought why not decorate it (it was just plain wood).

 


I sprayed the entire box with 3 colors of Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Georgia peach, Black Velvet, and Chartreuse).  I layered the misting (letting some dry before adding on another layer of spray), plus I also added in some layers of Claudine Hellmuth Studio paint (in similar colors of green, orange, and black).  I then let it all dry before adding on the Halloween Washi tape - Beware of what might lurk inside!!



 Here you can see I used a stencil (you can special order items like the stencils, paint, etc from Flamingo Scraps) to added a layer of Claudine Hellmuth gesso mixed with slow drying medium to create texture.  After it all dried hard I sprayed with the color shine colors again.  I then added in my Prima flower cluster (some also sprayed with color shine to match - the black and green flowers are sprayed ones), and my cute little black spiders from my stash.

You can find most of these supplies over at Flamingo Scraps!!

Now to just enjoy the goodies inside - all while the little coffin cackles at you for eating your sweets!!

Supplies
Wood Coffin - recollections
Flowers - Prima
Mist - Heidi Swapp
Mediums and Paint - Claudine Hellmuth
Spiders - recollections
Washi Tape - JoAnns dollar bin
Stencil - Studio Calico
Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...