Monday, April 7, 2014

Rooted **Paper House and Just Imagine**

I just had professional pictures taken of my kids in February.  At these ages (Morgan 8, Brandon 4, and Catherine 18 months) you never know what you are going to get.  I told the photographer to just take anything and everything.  I am not a huge fan of "look at me and smile" pictures, I much rather just capture the feeling of the moment.  This picture was taken at the end of the session, they were all grumpy and tired and to pep them up I gave them all a sucker and asked them to sit on the stairs.  This beauty unfolded.  For those that do not know my children, it image captures the essence of who they all are at this moment in their lives.

I used a 8x10 inch canvas as the base of my project.  I have never done a canvas before, but I approached it as though it was a layout just in a different size.  I used the wonderful 100% Country 12x12 paper pad from Paper House Productions.  There are so many wonderful textures and patterns that fit my picture just perfectly.  Below is are the images for this wonderful collection.


I started out by painting the canvas with acrylic paints in tones, of green, blue, yellow, brown, and beige.  Painting a layer letting it dry then painting another layer, not full coats but enough to see the colors.  I then added texture by using stencils from my Kreaxion punch 311 with thte A insert from Just Imagine and molding paste and using spray mists and more paint.  I also used Kreaxions punch 923 as an edge punch with the A insert on the paper.




I added in layers of Prima flowers between the wonderful papers from Paper House.  I added in blotches of paint and sprays of mists as I added in more layers.  Here you can also see a "key" chipboard sticker from Paper House Productions tucked into the layers on the left and also a wonderful yellow puffy sticker butterfly from Paper House Productions on the right.



Paper House also has these wonderful new canvas stickers.  I used one of them for my title for the project, as it fit so perfectly "Rooted in Family".  I added in some chipboard with similar swirls to the canvas sticker and painted it to match the same color brown.  


Supplies Used
Canvas - Recollections
Number Stickers - Momenta
Paint/mists - Ranger, Tattered Angels, Clearsnap
Chipboard - Creative Embellishments
Flowers - Prima
Jute - Really Reasonable Ribbon
Molding Paste - Liquitex
Stencils - Kreaxions and Ranger

Enjoy!!


2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...