Monday, August 18, 2014

senior cruise **Birds of a Feather & Just Imagine**

One of the many things I did on each of my training cruises was plotting on charts.  Here is a picture of me training a first year cadet on how to plot fixes gained from the GPS, celestial, and/or land navigation.


 
I used tons of layers here.  Layers of papers, stickers, fibers, flowers, paints, mists, ribbons of all shapes and sizes.  I just love this July kit from Birds of a Feather, it is just jam packed with so many wonderful nautical papers and embellishments to it too hard to pick just one!! 
  
home
July 2014 Extra Patterned Paper-authentique carta bella extra paper patterned july 
July 2014 Extra Embellishments 1-Embellishments Authentique stickers burlap ribbon July red white blue anchor


I wanted to break up the layers I had created from the background page with a solid color,but to use another square or rectangle would have covered up to much of the background paper, and I absolutely love it - solution use a circle.  I played with the size, starting larger and going smaller until I found the correct one to fit the page.  Using the Kreaxions Circle Cuter from Just Imagine made this task super simple, I could even use the same circle and just cut it smaller without wasting more paper!!  I then aligned my title stickers along the curve of the circle.


The smell of the salty air is like none other, what wonderful memories I have of my days at sea!!

Supplies Used
Stain - Ranger
Mist - Ranger, Heidi Swapp
Twine - American Crafts
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Adhesive - 3M
Enjoy!!
http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...