Sunday, June 28, 2015

Beat the Heat **ScrapPlezier & May Arts Ribbon**

There is nothing better than watching your child playing in the water, except when he always squirts you with water guns...this is my son Brandon.  It never fails he finds the closest water gun and poses for the camera (and then squirts me just after or even during) for the past 3 years, basically since he could hold and squirt a gun.  So here is to my boisterous, fun, loud, loving Brandon and his love for squirt guns!!
 

I really wanted to capture the fun feeling these pictures give me when looking at them, or more should I say the feeling of being squirted with water.  I used stencils and mists in various ways to give the feeling of squirting water in this layout.
 

https://www.mayarts.com/ribbons/


I played around with twines in the layout.  I loved the look of wrapped twine around paper, and adding in staples to the ends just adds to the masculine feeling of this layout.  I used the wonderful 2mm baker's twine in red from May Arts Ribbon to achieve this look.  I also create fun stapled swirls with the Twisted Burlap in Ivory from May Arts Ribbon with a tutorial below!!

Twisted Burlap Stapled Swirls
 
 1) Supplies - Twisted Burlap Ivory (May Arts Ribbon) abound 3 inches, Stapler


2)  Roll twine around in a spiral shape and hold with your fingers.



3) Staple spiral in at least 3 locations to hold it together like a flat coin.


4) Enjoy your fun new embellishment.  You can make these as big or as small as you want in a variety of different twines.


I tucked these fun little spirals under my pictures in 3 locations (since odd numbers of embellishments always look better) to ass a fun feeling to the layout.


Supplies Used
Cardstock - Bazzil & Core'dinations
Patterned paper - DCWV
Twine - May Arts Ribbon
Staples
Chipboard - Memory Maze
Paint & Mists - Tattered Angels
Pen - Tombow
Stencil - Imagination Designs
Gems  - Kaisercraft
Ink - Prima
Adhesive - Xyron
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...