Monday, July 20, 2015

Grateful **Video Tutorial** Xyron w/ MFT & CCB

A friend took some pictures of the kids and I in the spring of 2014.  While moving from one spot to another to get a different background for the pictures my little girl Catherine started to get cranky and did not want to walk (she was 18 months at time), so I picked her up and lifted her above my head to get her to smile and be happy again.  In that moment we got this cute shot of the two of us.  I did this to her all the time when she as little to get her out of her funks, and it is so fun to see this everyday activity of our captured in such a beautiful way!!
 


Here is a video of how I create this layout. 

 
I got to play with the amazing stencils and dies from My Favorite Things paired up with the wonderful Xyron products.  These two are a perfect match and all the dies you cut our work so wonderfully with the Xyron Creative Station to turn them into stickers for such easy application for intricate cut out shapes!!  Go check out their blog to see all their other yummy supplies, I want them all!!!



I used the "Polka Dot" Stencil, "Large Fancy Flourish", "Stichable Heart STAX", and "Words of Gratitude" dies from My Favorite Things.  They all added this amazing delicate touch to the page to help match the feeling of the pictures of my daughter and myself.

MFTstamps.com

For all the larger sheets of paper and layers I Used the Xyron Mega Runner to glue everything together, but for all the die cut shapes, embellishments including twine, cardboard, tissuestock, thin flowers, burlap, bows, chipboard, and cut out papers I used the Xyron Creative Station with the 5" and 9" Permanent Refills.

https://www.xyron.com/en-US/

I used the Gypsy Moments Collection for this layout.  Its elegance and beauty were perfect for this project, adding that feel of tenderness of the moment.  I also paired the collection with other 7 Gypsy, Canvas Home Basics, and Tattered Angels products to bring it all together.

http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/pages/7gypsies-collections

http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/pages/canvas-home-basics
http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/pages/7gypsies-collections
  http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/pages/tattered-angels

Here are some up close pictures of the finished layout.  Can you find my mistake?   





If you have not found my mistake yet?  Let me give you some info first.  When I scrap it is small moments throughout a few days, mostly when my kids let me sit down and scrap.  I had the background page done for a whole day before I started to add the embellishments, and when I finally worked on it I did it upside down.  All the french script is upside down, oops!!  I really meant for the background page to be a 180 from what it is.  I did not even notice it until I started to edit the pictures for my blog post, and then ti was too late.  So there goes the old addage of there are not mistakes in scrapbooking, and really it still looks great!!


Supplies Used
Cardstock - Canvas Home Basics
Patterned Paper - 7 Gypsies
Twine/Burlap - Canavs Home Basics
Specialty Paper - Canvas Home Basics
Metal - 7 Gypsies
Stickers - 7 Gypsies
Paints/Mists - Tattered Angels
Dies - MFT
Stencil - MFT
Flowers - Prima
Punches - Martha Stewart
Tools - Prima & Provocraft & Fiskars
Ink - Prima
Liquid Glue - Beacon
Adhesive - Xyron

2 comments:

  1. Lovely page Erin. I love MFT products and I agree, they add the perfect extraelements to your gorgeous page, TFS!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. I love the colors.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...