Thursday, August 6, 2015

Grow up Sweet **Paper House & Die~Namites Dies & Off the Rails & Xyron**

In the spring of 2015 we tried our hand at planting some snap peas, and they grew wonderfully.  When the Grandparents came to visit Catherine was so proud of her garden she had to show it off.  Grandma had her phone in hand taking pictures of all our plants when Catherine stuck her head through the peas and we got these super cute pictures of her.


I used the Off the Rails August Mood Board and Sketch as seen below as the starting point for my layout.  The blue colors just did not quite fit into feel of the layout, so I left the out.  That is the beauty of using a mood board or a sketch, they are just launching points to get your creative juices flowing!!  So hop on over for the August challenge and play along at Off the Rails.

http://offtherailsscrapbooking.blogspot.com/
 
I used the wonderful Paper House papers, stickers, cork, and accents to create this project.  They were just the perfect match for colors and theme to go with the pictures of Catherine in the garden, plus no matter what set of papers you work with they all color match so wonderfully!!

http://www.paperhouseproductions.com/


To add that touch of elegance and whimsey I used two Die~Namites Dies in "Elegant Holly" and "Butterfly Frame" behind the photos cut from white cardstock.

http://www.die-namites.com/http://www.die-namites.com/

I cut each die in half and tucked it behind the pictures to frame the photos from underneath, giving it a sort of base for the other elements to build from.


Once the dies were cut I ran the dies and other small Paper House Emerald Accents through my Xyron 3" Sticker Maker to turn all these items into stickers!!

https://www.xyron.com/en-US/




I added some extra elements of glitter, paint, and mists from Tattered Angels to give everything a bit of a pop.



I love catching my kids on these moments, for it really represents their true nature and not just a posed smile.  To me this is one of the best things about having your camera with you at all times; you can catch these amazing quick moments at any time!

Supplies Used
Cardstock - Canvas Home Basics
Paint/Mist/Glitter - Tattered Angels
Ink - Prima
Gems - Prima
Alpha Sticker - Momenta
Cheese Cloth
Ribbon/Trim - May Arts Ribbon
Sewing Machine - Singer
Trimmer/Scissors - Fiskars
 Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...