Friday, September 4, 2015

Happy as a Lark **Paper House & Xyron & CCB**

We took a day trip to the Austin Aquarium.  It has two rooms filled with birds.  One room was parakeets which are a smaller and ate seeds, and the other Lorikeets which are a bit larger and ate nectar.  You could go into the room and purchase a food cup and sit and feed the birds.  They flocked to you, and you could have up to 15 birds on you at one time, it was just so cool.  Morgan and Catherine like the parakeets the best, as their little claws did not hurt as much as the Lorikeets, but you had to be careful of the little guys because they were all over the floor and you could step on them.  Brandon loved the Lorikeets, even with their bigger claws, and they flocked to him like honey.  This was such an amazing experience for my kids, and me too!!


I have been hording my Paper House bird papers and stickers for a bit, not because I knew we were going to feed birds, but because they were just to pretty to use.  Once I had these pictures thought I had to break out my bird stash and put them to good use!! 

https://www.paperhouseproductions.com/

Here is a step by step about how I created this layout
1) I first misted and splattered the paper with Tatted Angels Glimmer Mists in Sunflower, Mountain Mist, and Navy Blue.  
2) Cut the bird paper to 11.5x11.5 and placed it over kraft, yellow, and olive cardstock as seen.  
3) All papers and pictures are inked in brown.
4) I placed want2scrap nesting doily chipboard sprayed with Tattered Angels Mists in same blues as the base paper plus Carolina Blue.
5) I then layered the pictures as seen and arranged the journal strips ans stickers around them as not to cover up the birds on the background paper.

Here are some up close shots of the layout.





Sometimes the theme and the picutres just work, this is one of those magical times!!

Supplies Used
Patterend Paper - Paper House
Cardstock - Canvas Home Brands & Bazzil
Stickers - Paper House
Mists - Tattered Angels
Chipboard - want2scrap
Pen - Tombow
Ink - Prima
Adhesive - Xyron
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I needed some long overdue inspiration. Your layout helped me out of my funk. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...